Your kindness, patience, and concern for your fellow students, staff, and families helps us achieve our common goal to keep schools open and students learning.
Here are a few important COVID-19 reminders:
Any individual with COVID-19 MUST isolate for 5 days and can return on the 6th day with a well-fitting mask if they are fever free for more than 24 hours and their symptoms are improving.
Also, any positive individual who is coughing will be asked to continue to isolate and recover.
Masking: Please ensure you and your children are wearing a properly fitting mask.
Testing: Please test if you are experiencing minor symptoms. Covid-19 Test Information
Vaccines/Boosters: Vaccinations and boosters are widely available in the community. Vaccinations are available for ages five and up, and the boosters were expanded for ages 12 and up. Information is available on the SJBPH website: https://sjbpublichealth.org/covid-19-vaccine/
Exemptions from Quarantine: For people who have been exposed to Covid-19.
The newest guidelines provides the following exemptions from quarantine:
- 5-17 years old and has completed primary COVID-19 vaccine series (2 weeks after second
- vaccine dose or third if immunocompromised) within the last six months
- 18+ and has received all recommended vaccine doses, including third doses and additional
- primary shots for some immunocompromised people
- Viral test-confirmed infection in past 90 days
- Protected via well-fitted mask wearing by the ill and exposed persons
- Participating in weekly screening testing and will continue to participate for at least 2
- additional weeks
With your support of these efforts, we look forward to continuing a successful, in-person school year for our students.