Enrollment Dates & Information
Enrollment is open for the 2021-2022 school year and we are currently accepting applications.
We are accepting 19 incoming 9th graders for the 2021-2022 school year and already have 4 who are enrolled. There are 15 spots left.
We currently have the following other openings:
10th grade - 1
This will take 15-30 minutes to complete. Applicants are placed on the wait list in the order that the applications are received. Parent will be notified within a few days about the wait list status and if they are allowed to schedule a shadow morning.
2. Complete Shadow Day
We request all potential new students complete several hours of time in the building. This helps the student see what occurs and be able to shadow a current student. Shadow Day usually start at 8:15 a.m. and end at 3:30 p.m.
3. Schedule a Tour and Interview.
Parent and student will spend 1-2 hours at the school so that they can more fully understand the program and make sure that the academic rigor is a good fit for the student.
|Parent and Student are given a personalized tour by one of the Student Ambassadors so that they get a feel for the school. Information is given and questions may be asked during this time.
||Parent and Student are interviewed. This is a time to get to know the Student more and a time for Parent and Student to ask questions and get the answers they need.
4. Make a decision about attendance within 24 hours after the interview.
If your student is new to Durango School District 9-R, please bring in:
- The name and address of the school and district where your student previously attended
- State issued Birth Certificate
- Immunization records
- Current address & phone numbers where the parent/guardian can be reached
- Proof of residence such as a utility bill
- Any other pertinent information for your student, such as special education records, medications needed, etc.
If you have further questions regarding Durango Big Picture High School enrollment or registration please contact us: