Welcome to Durango Big Picture High School!
Enrollment Dates & Information
Enrollment is open for the 2019-2020 school year and we are currently accepting applications.
This will take 15-30 minutes to complete. Applicants are placed on the wait list in the order that the applications are received. Parent will be notified within a few days about the wait list status and if they are allowed to schedule a tour, interview and role play.
2. Schedule a Tour, Interview and Role Play.
Parent and student will spend 3 hours at the school so that they can more fully understand the program.
|Parent and Student are given a personalized tour by one of the Student Ambassadors so that they get a feel for the school. Information is given and questions may be asked during this time.
||Parent and Student are interviewed. This is a time to get to know the Student more and a time for Parent and Student to ask questions and get the answers they need.
||Student is asked to perform two tasks: Setting Up An Independent Project and Setting Up Their Schedule. Both of these tasks help everybody understand what is required of students at the school to see if it is a good fit for the Student.
3. Make a decision about attendance within 24 hours after the interview.
If your student is new to Durango School District 9-R, please bring in:
- The name and address of the school and district where your student previously attended
- State issued Birth Certificate
- Immunization records
- Current address & phone numbers where the parent/guardian can be reached
- Proof of residence such as a utility bill
- Any other pertinent information for your student, such as special education records, medications needed, etc.
If you have further questions regarding Durango Big Picture High School enrollment or registration please contact us: